Silver/bala Sharks

i have 2 silver sharks and they do this rubbing thing as well... it goes on for about 5 minutes or so and then they back to doing that they were doing before...

and from what i've read on this forum and on the internet this is a normal thing.... apperntly all sharks do it.... even great whites...

shaunb 2001, im a realitive newby to this addiction but you tank is seriously over stocked. not only with the sharks but from that I've read, angels also need a lot bigger tank and there also savage fin nippers....

hope this helps

kiss kiss

so i have a red finned shark in my 55 gallon tank. he is only about 2 inches. is my tank to small for him?

i personally dont know, but im sure you'll be informed soon enough, I think the black and red sharks stay pretty small though...

he'll be fine. Just watch out for a little aggression as he gets larger. Oh and don't buy another RFBS unless you have another tank to put him in they hate eachother.

hello friends.

i have 3 4" balas and 2 very small ones, maybe 2". they get along just fine.

the one issue i have is that the bigger ones DO dominate come feeding time. they are so much faster that they eat all the food up before any otehr fish can get to it.

I still do not know what to do?
If I leave two will they fight to death?
If I get more will it matter if they are small as they still do not shoal together? Seems pointless.

I love mine to bits. They give us endless laughs and I just hope i go off them as they out grow my knew tank.

If they are differing sizes they probably won't shoal for a few months but then they will start to once the size difference is less. And they will still appreciate the company, especially once they have grown larger.

And if you find some fish eat all the food before the others, try feeding both ends of the tank. Balas are fast swimmers and eaters but can't patrol the whole 6+ foot tank on their own.

If they are differing sizes they probably won't shoal for a few months but then they will start to once the size difference is less. And they will still appreciate the company, especially once they have grown larger.

And if you find some fish eat all the food before the others, try feeding both ends of the tank. Balas are fast swimmers and eaters but can't patrol the whole 6+ foot tank on their own.

Thanks for the encouragement.

Most reactions

Back