Silly Rope Fish

samsung-401

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
My rope fish has found a new hiding place. In my 30 u.s. gallon my rope fish likes to hide in one of my 2 filters. I have a size 20 u.s. gallon water fall filter, in which my rope fish swims up the water fall, climes over the spong, and lies down in the big empty space where the water is filterd through the sponge. I've checked the filter and there is nothing with in his reach that he can hurt himself on. It is really cool to see him enter the filter and re-enter the tank. Its also quite amusing watching him battle the current into the filter. The only two things I am concerned with is that he misses the drop back into the tank (there is only about a 1/2 inch of space that he could jump out of, but still there is a chance that he could get out.) and that he gets stuck when he comes back into the tank. (He only has done that once, one thrid of his body is in the tank, one third is in the filter, and the other is in the open space between the tank and filter.

I will try and get some pictures of him doing his thing.

Hehe, almost every ropefish owner has some experience with this. However, if you want it stopped, small bits of nylon over the filter opening will work. :)

BichirKeeper said:
Hehe, almost every ropefish owner has some experience with this. However, if you want it stopped, small bits of nylon over the filter opening will work. :)
Am I an exception? Or do I have a dud ropefish? :lol:

The person at my lfs stores doesn't belive me about this post! Please post pictures which I can print off and show him. Apparently they are fish that never attempts to escape every! But from what i've read on this sites and my own research they can't stand not to explore the cute little devils

a1wonder said:
The person at my lfs stores doesn't belive me about this post! Please post pictures which I can print off and show him. Apparently they are fish that never attempts to escape every! But from what i've read on this sites and my own research they can't stand not to explore the cute little devils
can't believe anyone would think the wouldn't do it :eek: mine, the poor little thing only lasted 14 hours. wish someone had listened to me when i said i couldn't find him in the tank, might have been able to save him :byebye:

Most reactions

Back