Silly Question?

It depends what water tank you have; my old house had a plastic one; my new house doesn't have a water tank - I've argued and argued with my boyfriend about this and I don't have a water tank.

It sounds like you may have a tankless hot water system. These were common in certain areas of the US (not sure about anywhere else in the world) several years ago, but seem to be spreading across the states. Their initial purchase and installation costs are typically more than a tanked hot water system, or maybe just replacing a tank, but their month-to-month energy consumption levels are lower as the hot water is heated as it's needed rather than having a tank storing XX gallons of hot water at any given time, eventually (and rather quickly) the month-to-month $$ savings pay for the system, usually within a couple to a few years.

Well I'm on the UK so it's definately around the world :).

on the copper problem. if you use de-chlorinator, most have an element to bind heavy metals. this includes copper does it not? so why worry about something that's sorted, anyway? as such, hot and cold taps, at home, are perfectly safe to use.
I don't believe the chelators in the dechlor would be able to overcome a true copper or lead problem from hot water sitting in one of those type tanks. I believe for people that actually have water sitting against these metals for extended time periods its actually real problem and there should be some old threads out there about it.

One thing I've always wondered, at least for the copper, is whether one of those copper test kits would accurately show you the high level?

~~waterdrop~~

Most reactions

Back