silk or plastic plants to mix with live ones?

wich one would you preffer?

• silk plants all the way!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • plastic , yeah plastic!

• yeah right... NONE OF 'EM

• Total voters

DOLORES

Fish Addict
Reaction score
mmmmm just wonder....as some of you know, in my 2 new tanks (actually startin out with one to see how i do it) , well im going to put live plants on it, so i wanted to try the easiest , most of them have a low medium rate of light needed, well the thing is, that obviously you can mix them up with plastic ones, and so my point is that im goint to mix them up, as there are a bunch i liked but either were moderate-hard-difficult to take care of, or high light needed, so my true point in here,

would you go on silk plants or plastic plants

(also is there any difference between them?)

as alwayz, thnx for your time and patience with me!! :wub:

If it's out of silk or plastic, I'd go silk. They look better IMO and flow better etc.

Of course out of silk, plastic and live, I'd go live but silk is a good second.

:)

ive tried the mix of both plastic and live for a short time in my tank and all seemed to go well together....they looked ok, and the live ones actually lived for sometime...
i had to stop on the live though, because i was getting over run with snails, although my goldfish still have the pleasure of live plants :)

I'd say silk.

Just planted my first tank and it is by far, my favorite. :nod:

I'd rather pay $10 for a real plant than a fake. It feels like a "new addition" to my tank, rather than just a decoration.

IMO, fish in planted tanks just seem happier and healthier. :dunno:

uuh ok :p , so most of yo (wich were 3,not much yet) would go with silk to mix them with live ones , ok cool , got it :)

and again asking if theres any dif. between silk and plastic (wich i dont think so but oh well jus makin sure )

Live plants have great advantages to fake ones. Although as you say some are hard to maintain. I don't have any silk plants, but they probably look more natural IMO because of the way they move.

Henry :fun:

DOLORES said:
uuh ok :p , so most of yo (wich were 3,not much yet) would go with silk to mix them with live ones , ok cool , got it :)

and again asking if theres any dif. between silk and plastic (wich i dont think so but oh well jus makin sure )
This may sound weird :blink: , but I think the silk ones actually "feel better" to the fish because they are softer. :dunno:

I have live plants in all my tanks and they aren't that hard to maintain. If I had to choose silk or plastic I'd choose silk. I prefer live though and will always have live plants in my tanks. :)

Most reactions

Back