Signs Of A Pregnant Balloon Molly

fishmandds

Reaction score
hello everyone, I have a a female orange ballon molly, and i think she is pregnant, but with there big bellies its hard to tell. can anyone give some good indications she is pregnant. or what signs to look for. thanks here are some pics

Attachments

• IMAGE_072.jpg
    IMAGE_072.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 420
  • IMAGE_068.jpg
    IMAGE_068.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 2,385
well its hard to tell from the pic but it does have a large belly. it doe look like its pregnant but not 100%. try to get a clear picture of the belly. go face on to the fish and as it swims up take the picture and u could see the belly.

something like this.

but i took this very fast so sorry that its smudged

It may sound hard to believe, but Ballon Mollies get even larger when they are pregnant. It's harder to tell than with your standard Mollies, but she should get larger.

the way to tell is... look front on at the fish and her belly will come out ferther then the head if you know what i mean... my ballon molly just had babies yesterday...

due to the deformed body shave of the balloon this very difficult to tell, i used to have a couple had had fry and never expected it, but they tend to only have a few compared to the normal varities.

Most reactions

Back