Sick Of Bga So Having A Black Out

julioarca

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Today was the last straw, sick of fighting BGA and have decided to do a 3 day black out.

So wrapped the tank in black bin bags and a duvet cover, set the aerator away, switched off lights and c02, hope those fish are ok.

No peeping either

Wednesday evening will be the 3rd day so might leave it to Thursday.

After the unveiling, hopefully I see some improvement I am going to start a EI dosing regime. Have done reading from web sites and ordered some dry fertilisers.

Phosphate and Nitrate. I also have a few bottle of different Seachem stuff, Nitrgen, trace, flourish, excel.

Proir to the black out, plants are growing poor, leggy, the red ones are losing lower leaves, going pale and looking poor, its this that has kicked me in to the blackout.

If this fails I have some Maracyn, dont want to use it BUT if the blackout dont work, it will. I now understand a little more as to why I have got Blue Green Algae so once I have it in retreat I will try to correct what is wrong.

Will keep you informed as to the results.

How do you think BGA got in your tank?

Hope the black out works for you, i would think the fish will be fine.

m,aybe thru plants, most likely due to poor water parameters, ie phosphate and nitrate, will start an EI after blackout

will let you all know what happens and my EI results

Most reactions

Back