Sick Guppy

bosdabny

Reaction score
I hope someone can help me. One of my guppies died yesterday--he looked fine, and then the next time I looked he was gone. Today, another guppy almost looks like his body is sagging a bit, and his orange tail is now a quarter black. I did a water change, checked all water parameters and they were all normal. I added some Melafix, for the past couple of days, but it doesn't seem to be working. I just did another water change (2nd today) and it seemed to help a little bit, but I don't think it is a good idea to do water changes every couple of hours.

I don't know what is wrong with my tank. Like I said, all the parameters (nitrite, nitrate, ammonia, pH) are all normal.

Please help! I don't want to lose any more fish.

Thanks.

Found this on a website:

Myxobacteriosis
Symptoms: Symptoms may include black patches on the body and fins. The body may become bloated or swollen in some areas.
Treatment: As far as I know, there is only one medication designed specifically for myxobacteriosis--Phenocide by Aquatronics.

Information: This infection is rather uncommon but fairly easy to treat. Its probability is intensified by overcrowding and poor water quality with high levels of ammonia and / or nitrites.

Could it be that?

HTH

Most reactions

Back