Sick Clown Fish

Uriel

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Has my clown fish got ich or parasites or something else.

illfish.jpg

She hasn't been eating and now i have noticed a white patch under the eye and a frayed bit on top fin which is a bit white too ?

Water parameters
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 2-5
Salinity 1.021

I'm wondering if i stressed them by the drop in salinity it was 1.025 before i topped up. I used a air line to syphon water into the sump so the change wasn't super fast but i would imagine that to be quite a big drop ?

Has my clown fish got ich or parasites or something else.

illfish.jpg

She hasn't been eating and now i have noticed a white patch under the eye and a frayed bit on top fin which is a bit white too ?

Water parameters
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 2-5
Salinity 1.021

I'm wondering if i stressed them by the drop in salinity it was 1.025 before i topped up. I used a air line to syphon water into the sump so the change wasn't super fast but i would imagine that to be quite a big drop ?

Looks fine from the pic but the pic can only tell half the story. Have you tried feeding him anything different. Brine, flake, mysis, a tiny bit of prawn?

You need to bring your slainity back up which i'm sure you already know but make sure you bring it up sloooooooooooowwwwwwwwyyyyyyyyy! lol

I'm hoping the feeding issue might have been a light thing. I've moved my sump light onto main tank and they took a little food. Mixture of cyclops, mysis and brine. There are 2 tiny white dots on the fish the size of a pin head 1 below the eye and 1 on the fin. I might just be being paranoid. I was going to allow evaporation to bring the salinity up to correct level then top up with salt water. Think i might try a auto top off system of some sort as i seem to get quite a bit of evaporation and don't want constant salinity swings.

Most reactions

Back