Siamese Fighting

Tetras are fin nippers and not good company for a betta either. :no:

I would never put my fish in a position where they were in danger. My black phantoms number 3 and have been entirely passive towards all their tank mates.

I will look into putting him on his own though, but he is under no current threat.

After a brain wave, my new tank will most likely be split like so:

With my leopard cory and siamese on one side of the separation and my phantoms and mollies on the other side

(my guppies are obviously going into their own guppy tank)

Attachments

• fish_tank_with_guppies.jpg
    fish_tank_with_guppies.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 22
I'm surprised nobody told you that tetras have to be in groups of six or more to shoal.

Chances are when you're not looking the tetras are taking hits at the betta and thats the source of his nipped fins. Tetras are notorious fin nippers so its a good idea that you're thinking of separating them. What size is your tank? Maybe you can get a few more tetras to complete your shoal.

That looks like it'll be more than enough room for him when it's divided. The only thing about the cory though is that corys like to be in groups of 4-6. So to pull that off you'll have to make sure that the bettas side has at least 5 US gallons. and even then you'll have to get sinking food for the corys. The other option is a shrimp or two or a snail. :nod:

Yeah I am looking forward to getting some "friendlies" for my fighter. I'll probably get some more cories and maybe consider other bottom dwellers that you mentioned!

The tank he'll be going into will probably be between 30-45L, i haven't quite decided on the model but I am looking at them tonight hopefully. When divided, he'll be residing in at least 15L with any luck.

I would love to get enough tetras to see them enjoy themselves.

I'll get a picture up tonight, and hopefully someone can advise the best dividing technique? I saw some people were using mesh, sounds complicated!

Most reactions

Back