Siamese Fighting Fish

Kiwi Clint

Reaction score
i read somewhere that it is okay to keep female siamese fighting fish (3 of them) in a community tank......is this true????

Often people keep Female Fighters in tanks together yes as a soririty, seems popular. Its the males you want to avoid mixing. Females are generally better, however it may take a while for them all to settle. It depends on their personality aswell, some will be nippier than others whilst some might be quite shy. Part of the fun of them.

I would probably recommend a well planted tank for those.

I would recommend 5+ (to spread aggression), in a planted tank, which is at least 2*1*1 ft in size, preferably larger.

Often people keep Female Fighters in tanks together yes as a soririty, seems popular. Its the males you want to avoid mixing. Females are generally better, however it may take a while for them all to settle. It depends on their personality aswell, some will be nippier than others whilst some might be quite shy. Part of the fun of them.
thanks for the reply...to be more speciic would they be okay with cardinals and harlequins?

thanks for the reply...to be more speciic would they be okay with cardinals and harlequins?
I have kept them with both before, but my females were docile.

I have kept them with both before, but my females were docile.
thanks, best i cross my fingers and hope for some docile ones!...thanks very much for the advice

as said they should be fine in groups of 5+ just beware that males slip though sometimes, 2 of my females turned out to be males (including the one in my avi <<---)

Most reactions

Back