Shrimps In Community Tank

kedar301

Reaction score
Fishes in my 200ltr tank 5 Lemon Tetras, 2 Bristlenoses, 1 Dwarf Gourami, 2 Corydoras, 3 Glass cat fishes, and 4 Mollies.

Along with lots of plants, even some times i cant see fishes those many plants are there, including floating with CO2 Unit (sugar used, CO2 producer), two big filters Eheim 2215 and Fluval 404 (only Bio and mechanical filters no carbon or any other absorbants)

So can you please suggest me some Shrimps Species. I'm getting 6 Cherry Shrimps on Wednesday.

Any other interesting one? how about bamboo shrimp as i have a strong Fluval 404 filter which can creat enough current for them.

As well as let me know about the water condition apart from copper content as i know copper is very harmfull to shrimps than fishes, what should be the nitrate level, my tap water already have 25ppm nitrate so cant go below that. i have a brand new RO unit to install but cant find a plumber so its just sitting.

and suggestion will help me getting on with a shrimp inclusion in my lovely planted tank.

Thank you

Amano shrimp are not the most beautiful shrrimp but they are really fun to look at,you could have a few of them in there.And tiger shrimp,I have heard are quite good looking

good luck :good:

chris :hyper:

Thanks Chris,

But i need some more spices and some more info on nitrate levels and also some info on bamboo shrimps.

as well as what is the exact safest procedure to add shrimp to existing tank. as if for fishes we turn the lights off and leave them over there etc.

thank you again

Kedar

i would recommend getting a ghost or two so you can see if the fish will see them as food or not. :good:

I add them the way I do fish. Nitrate levels should be a major issue some of my tanks run 40+ppm and cherry's are happily breeding. If you have alot of plant cover than IMO it should not be a issue. The young will hide and the adults should be fine with those fish. Fish also are not too attracted to adult cherry shrimp once they learn how fast they are. Watch your filter. A lot of people suggest using mesh or nylon over the intake to stop babies and adults from getting sucked up. I personally don't do this. My canister filter can pick up lots and lots of shrimp from adults to babies. They hang out in there until I clean it then I toss them back in the tank. I actually prefer the young to get sucked up as they are safer in the canister and they have all the food in the world to eat. It can be a pain when you have a lot of shrimp. When I had a very large colony in a 20 gal I would remove 50 shrimp from the internal filter every week.

I add them the way I do fish. Nitrate levels should be a major issue some of my tanks run 40+ppm and cherry's are happily breeding. If you have alot of plant cover than IMO it should not be a issue. The young will hide and the adults should be fine with those fish. Fish also are not too attracted to adult cherry shrimp once they learn how fast they are. Watch your filter. A lot of people suggest using mesh or nylon over the intake to stop babies and adults from getting sucked up. I personally don't do this. My canister filter can pick up lots and lots of shrimp from adults to babies. They hang out in there until I clean it then I toss them back in the tank. I actually prefer the young to get sucked up as they are safer in the canister and they have all the food in the world to eat. It can be a pain when you have a lot of shrimp. When I had a very large colony in a 20 gal I would remove 50 shrimp from the internal filter every week.

I got 5 Cherry Shrimps and right now they are in the hospital tank which, before i put them in main tank can you suggest that how much aggressive Glass Catfish could be to these species of shrimps? as i heard that Glass Catfish can eat these species. or any other dwarf shrimps.

Most reactions

Back