Shrimp

I now really understand why they have stopped. Postie came an hour ago to deliver my snails and while fumbling around to get the slip for me to sign, he dropped the box, plastered with Fragile all over it, infront off my eyes and said "whoops" :angry: Lucky for him I was on the phone to a client, though I will get him about it next chance I get.

Well my ickle tiny Bumblebee Nerite snails are here and are very cute :wub:

So unfortunately no shrimp at the moment but, in terms of speed of delivery, packaging and communication, snailshop.co.uk get a big :good: from me :hooray: And if they sort a reliable courier I WILL be ordering shrimp from them in the future :thumbs:

Arfie

Idiot :X (the postie that is !)

Have you ever witnessed how they fling those boxes into the back of vans ? We have a large post office close to work and the vans are often outside loading up bags of post and parcels / boxes - it's horrendous :grr:

Great to hear you have your lovely snails - awaiting piccies :good:

In defence of Royail Mail, They do state quite clearly that NO livestock is to be posted by them.
Hence the fact it's never stated what is in the package, I have only seen "Live Aquatic Plants" written on items I have bought from various places before, The snails I got were not marked for obvious reasons, apart from fragile, but they are all still OK and multiplying.

Granted you're not supposed to send fish - but I'm not so sure snails and shrimp fall under that.

There is simply no defence to throwing fragile parcels or dropping them though :grr:

Edit: Actaully looking at Royal mail, it says this :

A letter containing any of the following items may be posted provided that the sender meets all Royal Mail Group plc’s requirements for acceptance of the item, including, but not limited to, packaging requirements

The list includes about "Living Creatures" here.

Granted you're not supposed to send fish - but I'm not so sure snails and shrimp fall under that.

There is simply no defence to throwing fragile parcels or dropping them though :grr:

Edit: Actaully looking at Royal mail, it says this :

A letter containing any of the following items may be posted provided that the sender meets all Royal Mail Group plc’s requirements for acceptance of the item, including, but not limited to, packaging requirements

The list includes about "Living Creatures" here.

HHMM interesting, I wonder what the conditions are though, Possibly marking to say livestock maybe??.
The original point I was getting was that snails are sent in damp wadding as shrimps I would think would be shloshing around in a tub of water, But yes, It is still wrong to mis handle fragile items.

I had a dull moment at work, so just called Royal Mail :)

Well, the answer is you can only send "Insects" - so why on earth they don't just say "Insects only" boggles the mind. So that definitely excludes fish, snails and shrimp.

I had a dull moment at work, so just called Royal Mail :)

Well, the answer is you can only send "Insects" - so why on earth they don't just say "Insects only" boggles the mind. So that definitely excludes fish, snails and shrimp.

Well Bloo, At least we now know for sure what the rules are.
You are right though, Why not just say insects.

I know what bloo means about the parcels being chucked into the vans. i did my work experiance with royal mail n igot told off by the driver for placing the parcels carefully in the van as he chucked em to me. he said 'sod doing that, noboy bothers anymore, chuck em in and we can get home that bit earlier'

Needless to say, i always get stuff sent recorded now. they are caeful with those ones, because it can be traced back to there route if it gets damaged!

I feel that adding "Fragile" or "Take care" is like red rag to a bull and my most recent experience's back it up. Dont get me wrong, the postie who dropped it this morning, was just an accident (didn't drop my bills though :no: ), but I recently posted some plants, first class and marked them "Care Live Plants Enclosed". They took 5 days to get there and arrived squashed and with several footprints on them, the bubblewrap in the envelope and the extra I used to pack them in was all burst and the plants were pretty much dead. I am awaiting a reply to my written complaint.

Bloo, will sort pics out later, I'm on my work machine (Skiving) now and can't upload them on this.

Arfie

I'm glad your snails were ok :)
Back on the subject of Royal Mail, I thought I would do the healthy thing and take my mountain bike to work only to be nearly knocked off by the postie who delivers to my house and my place of work :crazy:
It should not make a difference what is inside a parcel marked fragile, the meaning of the word says it all.

They also use royal mail though, so I think I'll wait and order from snailshop once they have a couriier sorted out as they have already proved that they put the welfare of the critters first and that means a lot for me :good:

Arfie

They also use royal mail though, so I think I'll wait and order from snailshop once they have a couriier sorted out as they have already proved that they put the welfare of the critters first and that means a lot for me :good:

Arfie

they have a 'better' ebay feedback profile though compared with snailshop..
:hey:

EDIT: spelling

i wouldnt buy from them because under categories they have "shrimps" instead of "shrimp" lol they need more grammer help it seems

jk

Most reactions

Back