shrimp won't let go of other shrimp

I have heard of them eating other shrimp before... that’s why they are in a separate tank from the other fancy shrimp at my LFS.

Shops normally keep different species of shrimp in different tanks so the staff don't sell an expensive shrimp at a cheap price.

Shops normally keep different species of shrimp in different tanks so the staff don't sell an expensive shrimp at a cheap price.
How stupid can one be, to get a fancy shrimp mixed up with a vampire/ghost shrimp? :huh:

Vampire shrimp aren't the same as "ghost" shrimp.

Neither of these shrimp will eat the other, unless one dies and the other scavenges on it...bamboo/wood shrimp aren't scavengers, at any rate, they are filter-feeders

My guess is the molting VS is/was putting off pheromones that the BS found attractive...shrimp often put off pheromones when molting

Also, not a breeding behavior, as the bamboo is female based on the legs all being same thickness.
And 2 different species at that.

I am aware of that. I'm just saying to a newbie, they could be easily confused with vampire shrimp. :)
I'm confused, lol

Ghost shrimp vs. vampire shrimp

Attachments

• ghost shrimp.jpg
    ghost shrimp.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 53
  • vampire shrimp.jpg
    vampire shrimp.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 50
I have no clue where my brain was, sorry.

I was thinking an Amano shrimp vs ghost shrimp. :lol: ?
LOL, no problemo, buddy....but, TGIF, this week has been crazy at my work...are you guys back at school, or in-home schooling still?

LOL, no problemo, buddy....but, TGIF, this week has been crazy at my work...are you guys back at school, or in-home schooling still?
I’m homeschooled, so nothing has really changed. :rolleyes:

My friends that are in public school, have started to get back to it, but with limited numbers.

I was working on Geometry when I posted - all of those shapes messed up my brain. :S

I’m homeschooled, so nothing has really changed. :rolleyes:

My friends that are in public school, have started to get back to it, but with limited numbers.

I was working on Geometry when I posted - all of those shapes messed up my brain. :S
Gotcha...

Most reactions

Back