Shrimp & Goby Combo

JoshH

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hey guys :)

Going to convert my 35ltr cube to marine soon :good: I've read about shrimp goby sorta pairing up, could anyone fill me in a bit on which gobys (any?) and is it just pistol shrimps that they pair up with? Would this combo be suitable for a 35ltr tank?

Many Thanks :)

symbiosis can occur between any two animals, but in this case it is normally a pistol shrimp and some other goby such as a watchman or randalls goby, you can buy them pre paired too

Ah ok thanks Jack :good: I thought it was only certain types, I've read about goby acting as the shrimps eyes right? as pistols are blind?

Just found this on drs foster n smith site about pistol shrimps:
The name Symbiotic Shrimp comes from the equally beneficial relationship the Pistol Shrimp has with gobies (e.g.;Amblyeleotris or Stonogobiops). The goby, with better eyesight, warns the shrimp of predators. The shrimp share its food with the goby. Depending upon the species, Pistol Shrimp may also have symbiotic relationships with sponges, corals, or anemones (e.g.; Bartholomea annulata).

Hi, i've heard that you can buy them already paired, has anybody come across this.

Thanks DAVE

HI Pennywise. There is a guy in coventry that has some for sale. I am thinking of getting one for my nano. I found him on ebay. If you want the ebay member name PM me & I will send it on to you.

Most reactions

Back