Show Off Your Tank!

Our 125 litres tank — a work in progress and we've only just started to add fish.

Attachments

• Tank-firstfishWEB.jpg
    Tank-firstfishWEB.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 60
Our 125 litres tank — a work in progress and we've only just started to add fish.

May I suggest Pearl Gouramis? I have a pair with my Cherry Barbs................

rio240_04-01-12.jpg

My Rio 240 after 2 and a half months. Just added a another few fish in. Mainly tetras at the moment. Just got to get a better camera than my phone for the next photos.

May I suggest Pearl Gouramis? I have a pair with my Cherry Barbs................

Oddly, you've already led me to consider Pearl Gouramis. I researched your avatar! :) I have very hard water though and the ph is quite high. Do you think they'd struggle with it?

Oddly, you've already led me to consider Pearl Gouramis. I researched your avatar! :) I have very hard water though and the ph is quite high. Do you think they'd struggle with it?

I've never measured the water hardness in any of my tanks so I have no idea what I have. I do know my pH is about 7.6 in all (3) of my tanks and that hasn't hurt them. I'm not really sure what the optimum hardness or pH is for Pearl Gouramis but I'll check & let you know.

EDIT:

Ideal water parameters for Pearl Gourami

Soft to moderately hard (up to 30 dGH) acidic to basic (pH 5.5 to 8) water, temperature 24-30C/75-86F. Available fish will be commercially raised and will adapt to the given ranges; wild-caught fish require soft acidic water.

My 10g tank that is a work in progress. I just added the java fern yesterday but my primary goal is to add moneywort around the back and sides of the tank and hair grass for the ground. Then I'll place a small rock underneath the java fern you see right now. When I'm done you won't even be able to see the gravel. :D

photo-1.jpg

A close up of my java fern

photo-2.jpg

Can't wait to see more pics!

Have you ever tried attaching your java fern with Super Glue? That's what I use so my fish don't get caught up in rubber bands or fishing line again. Works GREAT.

My 10g tank that is a work in progress. I just added the java fern yesterday but my primary goal is to add moneywort around the back and sides of the tank and hair grass for the ground. Then I'll place a small rock underneath the java fern you see right now. When I'm done you won't even be able to see the gravel. :D

photo-1.jpg

A close up of my java fern

photo-2.jpg

Nice Java Fern Mon.........those Rios look huge too! My biggest Flame is about an inch & a quarter long and quite fat.

Can't wait to see more pics!

Have you ever tried attaching your java fern with Super Glue? That's what I use so my fish don't get caught up in rubber bands or fishing line again. Works GREAT.

Can you use Super Glue on real driftwood?

Thanks Ruskull. :)

I too have just noticed how big they seem. Just yesterday it hit me :lol:.

Can you use Super Glue on real driftwood?

Absolutely. I just dab off the excess water with a paper towel from both the wood and plant and use the Super Glue. But it has to be cyanoacrylate, not any other kind of Super Glue. I think that's what most of them are, but just quickly read the label first to be sure.

I've never measured the water hardness in any of my tanks so I have no idea what I have. I do know my pH is about 7.6 in all (3) of my tanks and that hasn't hurt them. I'm not really sure what the optimum hardness or pH is for Pearl Gouramis but I'll check & let you know.

EDIT:

Ideal water parameters for Pearl Gourami

Soft to moderately hard (up to 30 dGH) acidic to basic (pH 5.5 to 8) water, temperature 24-30C/75-86F. Available fish will be commercially raised and will adapt to the given ranges; wild-caught fish require soft acidic water.

Thanks, Ruskull — they do sound ideal. Have you had dwarf or blue gouramis too? We're torn between all of these (and presume that we couldn't have more than one kind).

my first attempt at a Live Planted Tank its relatively new setup so i need to give time for the sand and crap to settle down got some fine filter wool in there which should hopefully catch up alot of the crap in the water and a few water changes and it should look nice :)

378068_148270678617320_100003031655402_196595_753446444_n.jpg

It's such a pity the thread ended....only 5 pages... I really enjoyed it. Great tanks.

Most reactions

Back