Show Off Your Livebearer!

Set_up.jpg

That doesn't seem like a livebearer... :)

Your original question

Show Off Your Livebearer

No mention of fish

haha sorry im just been sarcastic

I hope she's a livebearer. She has given me 2 grandchildren. They were at the TKD competition just like I was. She broke both of those concrete pavers with the first strike of her hand.

What we should do ludwig is send you some fish to breed up over the summer and then ship them back for our summer...... :)

Ha! Ha!... Helter.... Good Idea!... Then I can keep the good uns and send you the remnants.... Good Idea!

I hope she's a livebearer. She has given me 2 grandchildren. They were at the TKD competition just like I was. She broke both of those concrete pavers with the first strike of her hand.

In that case Oldman!!... Good stock... very good stock!

Hey oldman what were those fish in there with the black spots on them and goldish color they were sweet looking?

The picture of 3 gold colored fish with speckles toward the tails are Ameca splendens. The single gold colored one with speckles along the entire body is a Xenotaenia resolanae. Both of these fish are types of goodeids. The gray fish with a strongly colored orange tail is a male Xenotoca eiseni, another kind of goodeid. His mate is an extreme closeup picture in front of some artificial plants.

I love those fish too they're really cool looking I've never seen them though at any fish store I've gone too around here though. Only live bearers they have are the normal platy,swordtail,guppy molly but I have seen endlers though. May have to try the whole online fish ordering thing if I can find a place that has them.

Where did you get them? Online? Do they require any special care?

These are 2 of the Gold/red Saifin molly males I got yesterday to add new blood to my existing stocks...

Newmollies006.jpg

Newmollies004.jpg

Newmollies003.jpg

The less common livebearers come from other hobbyists. I go to my club auction and one of a nearby club and pick up livebearers at most auctions. I also attended the ALA convention this year and got a few nice livebearers at their auction. There are similar clubs in the UK such as the BLA so that would be an option there too.
The only special care for the less common fish is that I don't mix them with other livebearers. The unusual thing about the goodeids is that most of them do better if you unplug the heater in their tank. The normal daily temperature variation and seasonal temperature variation seem to make for healthier more prolific fish. There are also some goodeids, Skiffia, that can be a bit of a challenge because they do not do well at normal room temperatures, they need to be kept cool. Most of my fish are as simple to look after as a swordtail would be.

Most reactions

Back