Should I Move Betta To A Larger Tank? New Pictures

Thanks Lilly Rose, right now he is by himself. Not sure if or what I will add. the pants are all silk, the vines are plastic, but that is true of all silk plants. All but the 2 really big plants came from his 5 gallon tank and he has had no problems with them. But good point, plastic is not good for bettas.

Thanks Rynofasho I have sand in my big tank, but have had gravel before, I agree sand is better. But I went with gravel, only because I think it will be easier for my husband to deal with while I am gone. I have to be away for 10 weeks (work thing). He is used to gravel, and with sand you have to have a lighter touch so as not to suck it all up.

Well he is all moved in gravel in place and tank now in the living room rather than the computer room. He seems to be enjoying the new tank. And his new filter/heater combo is working great. I absolutely love this new filter, so far it is awesome, although it is a beast of a filter (size wise) I love that the heater attaches as an intake so much less clutter in the tank, and it heats really quickly. As I was moving the tank to a new location I decided to take him out temporarily and move the tank and then add the gravel and decor back. The water when I put it in was 76.4 F and it was heated back to his comfort level of 81.0 F in about 45 minutes. So far it is working out great. Here are some pics.

First the beast of a filter:
IMG_20110224_222523.jpg

IMG_20110224_222541.jpg

Now here is the tank:
IMG_20110224_222725.jpg

And here he is enjoying the new tank:
IMG_20110224_222756.jpg

Thanks to all for the advice

The filter looks great, I would consider buying one if I was in need of another filter however I have two that are vacant at the moment.

As for the tank, it looks awesome! :D :good:

Edit: spelling mistake :blush:

Most reactions

Back