Should I Do Daily Water Changes When Using Meds

Dibbs123

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I am using Pimafix and Mela Fix to Med. should I perform a daily water change while using these??

200ltr tank all water stats are spot on.

what fish do you have, why are you medicating them and what are the numerical stats for pH, ammonia, nitrite and nitrate?

what fish do you have, why are you medicating them and what are the numerical stats for pH, ammonia, nitrite and nitrate?

Hi

Dwarf goranmi has a growth on the mouth pic attached. just that and 6 black widow tetra.

Nitrite 0
Amm 0
PH 7.8
Nitrate 40-80

Attachments

• tank_3_.JPG
    tank_3_.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 115
I am using Pimafix and Mela Fix to Med. should I perform a daily water change while using these??

Going to jump in here sorry. My Gourami has a similar thing and I used an anti bac med from interpet for almost 2 weeks and it did nothing. The meds you are using where did you get them and were you advised they will work. Is it like a white spot with a red outline?

Going to jump in here sorry. My Gourami has a similar thing and I used an anti bac med from interpet for almost 2 weeks and it did nothing. The meds you are using where did you get them and were you advised they will work. Is it like a white spot with a red outline?

It looks like a pimple. just read the meds at the shop and brought. told on here it was bacterial so using a mild backterial med. Its basically watered down tea tree oil.

Did you see the pic??

It looks like a pimple. just read the meds at the shop and brought. told on here it was bacterial so using a mild backterial med. Its basically watered down tea tree oil.

Did you see the pic??

Yeah it does look similar to what mine has. I use an anti bac med but it seemed to be a waste of time. I am going to try and use that Pimafix. Just been having trouble getting hold of it.

I think with some meds they say do a water change at the end of the treatment - others you water change daily. It should say on the bottle. Have a read of all the small print - I have a feeling that with Melafix you water change at the end of treatment.

By the way - my Dwarf Gourami had a very similar ulcer to yours - I think it is a common trait with DG's unfortunately and it can take some time for it to clear up (you might notice that it comes and goes for a while until it disappears completely). I was told that my DG probably wouldn't survive but I persevered with treatment - I used MYXAZIN - and it did eventually clear up and I've had him about a year now with no recurring ulcer.

Regards - Athena

Ok, just Googled and found the instructions for Melafix and Pimafix dosing/water changing:

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/add_...fm?pCatId=11269

You'll see that Melafix is dosed for 7 days with a 25% water change at end of that period. If using with another med then every 3 days do water change.

Hmmm - just noticed that warning about the products: "WARNING: This product contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer or birth defects or other reproductive harm. "

What's that all about I wonder? Maybe if humans ingest the product it can cause these birth defects or cancer etc - makes you wonder why it doesn't affect the fish then!

Regards - Athena

Ok, just Googled and found the instructions for Melafix and Pimafix dosing/water changing:

[URL="http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/add_...fm?pCatId=11269"]http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/add_...fm?pCatId=11269[/URL]

You'll see that Melafix is dosed for 7 days with a 25% water change at end of that period. If using with another med then every 3 days do water change.

Hmmm - just noticed that warning about the products: "WARNING: This product contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer or birth defects or other reproductive harm. "

What's that all about I wonder? Maybe if humans ingest the product it can cause these birth defects or cancer etc - makes you wonder why it doesn't affect the fish then!

Regards - Athena

Thanks Athena.

Most reactions

Back