Short tail betta

Look in independent fish shops, preferably asian. I don't know about San Fransisco though, Its predominately Chinese, and chinese are more into the goldfish hobby. If you are willing, look up fish stores across the bay in the San Jose region where theres a lot of Vietnamese people. You may find what your looking for. I know many vietnamese stores that sell the traditional "Fighter Plakats". These Plakats resemble the wild betta, Many people do not bother with them because they prefer fancy betta, but I like the traditional look being Vietnamese myself. :D

yeah... I used to live in the bay area and im familiar with the LFS. :( I think your best bet again, is too look up LFS in the san jose area off of mapquest or the yellowbook. I live in southern california now, so I dont know any,

To tell the female from the male, the main differences will be an egg spot on the female's belly right behind her ventricles. Also, the male should have pointier finnage in the anal fin and will be a bit longer. If you can't find a local shop, you might have to try California breeders, but then, you will have to pay shipping if they are not close enough to you.

Another San Fransiscan! Hello there, i'm down south about 10 minutes (San Mateo) and there is a LFS called Fish For You, on Norfolk st. crossing near Hillsdale blvd. just look for Marina Market and it's right accross the street. :D You might have to ask to see the plakats, though they did start to put them with the longer finned bettas, they only sell males. If you do plan to breed i suggest do LOTS of research if you haven't already. :thumbs:

The plakats are priced around $3.99 i think, CTs too are just $5 and they often have DTs in for the same as CTs.

Most reactions

Back