She had her babys

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I can see the ones on the side glass, are reflections...

but I would have always been happy with 25 or so per batch, 20 years ago, when I was trying to raise them in slightly brackish, as feeders for sea horses... the sea horses in those days ( mine were always the big ones ) would only eat live foods, and anything small enough for them to eat, would go into salt shock, & die, before they were caught... baby mollies, raised in brackish would live long enough, that the sea horses could catch them...

as feeders, I didn't have the best grade or largest mollies, but my normal, was closer to 12-15 per batch

I can see the ones on the side glass, are reflections...

but I would have always been happy with 25 or so per batch, 20 years ago, when I was trying to raise them in slightly brackish, as feeders for sea horses... the sea horses in those days ( mine were always the big ones ) would only eat live foods, and anything small enough for them to eat, would go into salt shock, & die, before they were caught... baby mollies, raised in brackish would live long enough, that the sea horses could catch them...

as feeders, I didn't have the best grade or largest mollies, but my normal, was closer to 12-15 per batch
You have to see them in person to truly see how many there is

Based on the video how many do yallthink there is ? How many will survive to at least 6 weeks because I plan on saving 4 females and giving 4 to a friend then trying to either sell the rest to a local fish store or donate them .

Attachments

• 20240721_160942.mp4
    26.3 MB
Baby brine shrimp are also good food for adult fish.
Microworms are very easy to culture. But a little gross. Once you get one culture going, you can start multiples off of it.

Based on the video how many do yall think there is ? How many will survive to at least 6 weeks because I plan on saving 4 females and giving 4 to a friend then trying to either sell the rest to a local fish store or donate them .
25-30 from the first picture you posted.

They should all survive if you feed them well and do lots of water changes and gravel cleans to keep the tank clean.

25-30 from the first picture you posted.

They should all survive if you feed them well and do lots of water changes and gravel cleans to keep the tank clean.
Should I wait till they get bigger to do gravel cleaning ?I don't want to suck any up.

Try to gravel clean whenever you do a water change. The babies usually hang out by the surface so they are normally fine.

If you gravel clean the water into a white bucket, you can let it sit for a minute and see if any babies got sucked out. If they did, use a small plastic container to scoop them up and put them back in the tank.

Most reactions

Back