she breeds

tdins_2

Fishaholic
Reaction score
i have had my guppies for about a week and a half and 2 were pregnant and one gave birth to 2 babies but one died :-( and then the other gave birth to three which are growing good but i thought that they had like 30 babies? whats going on :dunno:

could be a couple of things, either she ate the fry, she was shocked by being moved and only had a couple.
the water param's might be a little off, so you should wait till next month and see.
would also help if you would post your tanks age, water specs, and total population.
gl
mark

wait til they are settled properly and the tank is at optimzation level then she will be in hogs heaven and give birth like a right trooper mine did to 50 lol
see

you might want to try putting a baby hidout in your tank for the fry to hide and maybe a few more plants. The mother will eat the fry if they have no where to hide. Then you will need to separate the fry from the other fish untill they get a little bit bigger. hope this helps. any more questions just ask.

i think they did get eaten because they were in the breeder box with there mother overnight i will try to put a fry box in next time

Most reactions

Back