Sharks

IME RTBS don't mix at all well Bala sharks, even if the Bala's are larger. Again IME, i have found that RTBS simply don't tolerate any fish of a similar appearance. Personally i wouldn't risk it. :/

IME RTBS don't mix at all well Bala sharks, even if the Bala's are larger. Again IME, i have found that RTBS simply don't tolerate any fish of a similar appearance. Personally i wouldn't risk it. :/

Would you class clown loaches as being of 'similar appearance'? :S

TIA

No but bear in mind they also grow to over a foot long, should be kept in groups of at least 3 and therefore need a 6 foot tank.

If a tank is big enough to house silver sharks you can keep a RTBS with it as RTBS don't tend to chase much into the actual water column, more around the rocks/ornaments/wood that it classes as its territory. And if you want to stop the rtbs taking up the whole tank, drop in a doradid or two; my (less aggressive, but still grumpy) rainbow shark had no luck trying to boss about some Platydoras costatus).

What is a doradid?

The Family Doradidae is a family of catfish knwon for having a body covered in sharp "scutes" or spikes. They are essentially a tank.

Do a quick google image for the scientific name I mentioned above: Platydoras costatus to see what I mean.

Most reactions

Back