Shark catfish pictures?

untilitsleeps

Reaction score
Does anyone have any or know of any good quality shark catfish pictures? im thinking off adding one to my tank but havent found any good pictures.

Shark catfish are a brackish/marine fish and only juveniles are found in FW, as they grow they need increasing ammounts of salt added to the tank until the SG reaches marine strength.

Hi mate, thanks for that, i understand this already mate. i currently have a 300l FW and a 800l SW tank at home, plus a huge 650gallon FW at my business premises so i have the space and room to be able to cater for its special needs.

UNTILITSLEEPS, go back to the main page an look above your post 6 topics up all the pic's are of catsharks pangasidae.
GOOD LUCK GOOD FISHIN! :rofl:

I presume he is speaking of the true shark cats from the Ariidae family of catfishes.

If you go to PLANET CATFISH and look in the cat e log under Ariidae you will find pleanty of pictures and info on the various species.

Thanks, im not sure which of the two you mean mate, but its the one from Columbia my LFS has for sale. he told me as they get older they need more and more salt, so i had a read up on them but my books dont have any pictures of them.

not sure if ill go for one TBH, prolly not after a good read. and they look too much like fish i already have too.

Here are a couple pics of one I used to keep, unfortunately I did not move him to BW and he spasmed out and died one day (in the span of about 30 mins he went from healthy and active to dead).

Sharky

We have 5 columbian sharks.If kept in a group of at least 4,then they feel better in themselves and swim around a lot more rather than hiding away.
The scientific name is arius seemanii, commonly known as columbian sharks,white tipped sharks, or black finned sharks.
They eat mainly chopped cocckle mussel and prawn,chopped very very small,and also love bloodworms.
Want brackish from about 4",increasing with size.We currently have ours in with 8 dragon/violet gobies which are a good tankmate. The brackish water should be increased to full marine as they grow.Hope this helps.

Most reactions

Back