Share your bettas

Here is my betta, Lotus. She loves swimming up to people and eating algae.

Attachments

• 35B6822D-7FF7-4CC4-87A1-411A1BF5B90D.jpeg
    35B6822D-7FF7-4CC4-87A1-411A1BF5B90D.jpeg
    186.7 KB · Views: 123
Okay calling on all betta owners.

We need to convince @HoldenOn to go get themselves a betta, to get another tank going (promoting MTS, im terrible). Use filter media from current tank to insta-cycle a new 5 gal ;)

I'll start, these are my two!
View attachment 115989View attachment 115990

BETTAS ARE THE BEST They are soooo pretty and intelligent and interactive. And they don't need to live in tiny tanks all alone. Here is my golden betta boy David Bowie/Ziggy Stardust/Starlord in his 130L tank, with his bff a bristlenose pleco female Grimora and the Big Hero 6 harlequin rasboras I'm seeing how he goes with the rasboras but so far so good, but if I did need to move him out into another tank, the pleco would have to go with him because they are actually so cute with each other :) he hangs out by her hideyhole (right under the filter in higher flow area) all the time, but also goes side to side and top to bottom all day - so don't feel necessarily limited to a 5 or 10 gallon

Attachments

• 20200917_064014.jpg
    20200917_064014.jpg
    351.8 KB · Views: 106
  • 20200918_112135.jpg
    20200918_112135.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 114
  • 20200918_112057.jpg
    20200918_112057.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 114
  • 20200918_112149.jpg
    20200918_112149.jpg
    295.9 KB · Views: 115
BETTAS ARE THE BEST They are soooo pretty and intelligent and interactive. And they don't need to live in tiny tanks all alone. Here is my golden betta boy David Bowie/Ziggy Stardust/Starlord in his 130L tank, with his bff a bristlenose pleco female Grimora and the Big Hero 6 harlequin rasboras I'm seeing how he goes with the rasboras but so far so good, but if I did need to move him out into another tank, the pleco would have to go with him because they are actually so cute with each other :) he hangs out by her hideyhole (right under the filter in higher flow area) all the time, but also goes side to side and top to bottom all day - so don't feel necessarily limited to a 5 or 10 gallon

Your tank is beautiful.

My new tank means I'll have a 58L to play with it. Initially I was gonna turn it into a well planted Betta tank before I realised the hard water issue. Getting RO water isn't totally rules out. My husband thinks I should because the whole reason I bought the first tank was to have a betta.
Hi, can I ask about the issue of hard water and Betas? We have had our crown tail and blue mustard for almost a couple of months. Our water is pretty hard but all our other parameters are good and they seem to have been thriving since bringing them home.

These are our two Betas. The Red crowntail is Rexi, he is my son’s. The Blue mustard is Joe, he is my husbands. Somehow I have bought, cared, and have been most excited about the fish, and managed to not have one of my own

Attachments

• DCE50A6B-EA0D-44CB-BF6B-EAE488EAF176.jpeg
    DCE50A6B-EA0D-44CB-BF6B-EAE488EAF176.jpeg
    231.9 KB · Views: 99
  • F3DB1E8D-3739-4B3B-A697-787811B8B545.jpeg
    F3DB1E8D-3739-4B3B-A697-787811B8B545.jpeg
    138.9 KB · Views: 111
Beautiful fish :wub: Seriously Fish has the max Hardness for Bettas at 268ppm and my water is 307ppm. My water being do hard I'm looking at fish that are comfortable in that range & higher - like Rainbowfish and livebearers. If I do get a Betta for my 16 Gallon (58 litre) I would mix some RO water to bring the hardness down. As it wouldn't be too much RO I am considering it. If I trued to bring hardness down in the larger 34 gallon (127 litre) tank aid worry about emergency water change & not having enough RO to hand.
Edited to include link

Hi, can I ask about the issue of hard water and Betas? We have had our crown tail and blue mustard for almost a couple of months. Our water is pretty hard but all our other parameters are good and they seem to have been thriving since bringing them home.

Do you know exactly how hard your water is?
If you put a soft water fish into hard water, you won't notice any problems at first. The fish will look completely normal and healthy. But, internally, the calcium in the water is building up in the intestines, and slowly killing the fish.
Soft water fish that live in hard water will have shorter lifespans. The same is true for hard water fish that live in soft water.

Do you know exactly how hard your water is?
If you put a soft water fish into hard water, you won't notice any problems at first. The fish will look completely normal and healthy. But, internally, the calcium in the water is building up in the intestines, and slowly killing the fish.
Soft water fish that live in hard water will have shorter lifespans. The same is true for hard water fish that live in soft water.
my testing kit does not give me exact ppm but I am in the 300 range. I will look into a better ph testing system as I am truly curious about it. I saw a product that helps bring down the PH when looking at decorations at Walmart one day. Would this be something that would work well for my fish? I believe it was made by tetra

my testing kit does not give me exact ppm but I am in the 300 range. I will look into a better ph testing system as I am truly curious about it. I saw a product that helps bring down the PH when looking at decorations at Walmart one day. Would this be something that would work well for my fish? I believe it was made by tetra
Not worth the money.

its GH you wanna test, not pH :)
Look into getting some RO water, dilute your current water with it at water changes

its GH you wanna test, not pH :)
Look into getting some RO water, dilute your current water with it at water changes
Durp moment, my PH is good too.
ive seen reference to RO water a few times. What is it exactly?

Most reactions

Back