Severum, Red?

carney

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi
Woudl i be able to put a red severum in my 55 gallon tank with 1 acara, 2 keyhole, 1 krib, 2 angel and 1 geophagus brasilia

??

the severum will hit around 10" and really needs min of 75g keyholes far too timid to be mixed with a blue acara blue acaras tho reasonably peaceful for a cichlid can be very territorial and can easily dominate a tank. the keyholes would get too stressed . kribs imo do better kept as a m/f pair and will claim a territory and defend it vifourously this again would prob be too much for the keyholes

not sure how big that particular geophagus will grow to but even if it would fit your tank it depends what substrate you have. they really need sand or at the very least a very fine smooth rounded gravel so as not to damage their mouths.

as for the angels depends on tank dimensions whats the length/width/height of your tank. angels need a tank of miniumum 18" deep

Geophagus' brasiliensis can reach 10", so I would think about rehoming them as a 55 gallon tank (I'm going on standard US size 55 gallon) is only 13" wide.

hi, i take on board what you say however my tank has been established over 2 years now and all are fine, the fish are allready together, its just i want to add a severum if poss?

what are your tanks actual dimensions? the sev is a no-no im afraid. also how big is your acara? and what is your substrate?

Your tank is already fully stocked with the 2 eartheaters which will outgrow the tank. A 55 gallon isn't big enough for a single severum in my opinion. They are big, chunky fish that need their space.

everywhere i read says they are compatible though??
everywhere? nope, this place for a start says no.

you have asked if it is possible and gotten several answers all saying the same thing, NO.
this is not what you wanted to hear so you are trying to justify to yourself that you can in fact add the sevrum and
collectively we don't know what we are talking about.

all i have to say to you is
enjoy watching you tank go pete tong :good:

Your tank is already fully stocked with the 2 eartheaters which will outgrow the tank. A 55 gallon isn't big enough for a single severum in my opinion. They are big, chunky fish that need their space.

Agreed, please listen and do not add a severum to your current tank.

Listen Panga or whatever you are called, i am not implying anything. If you read my post again i wasnt trying to vinicate anything. If you google severum and look at compatible tankmates you will find that blue acara, geophagus and angels are all ok. Granted my tank will not be big enough so i will not be adding the severum but take a leaf outof more polite members and shut teh *** up!

The way things are around here right now, I would suggest you edit that post Carney, just to be on the safe side :)

Most reactions

Back