Severly Pregnant Fish!

kribensis12

I know where you live
Reaction score
My platy just had her babies last night, she was aboutr that size, I was so suprised when she only had 13!!! I couldn't believe it!

My platy just had her babies last night, she was aboutr that size, I was so suprised when she only had 13!!! I couldn't believe it!
she or the other fish probably ate the rest. They uasually have 40- 50 but it really depends on the fish.

At one time I had a molly had 45 babies(wasnt as big as this fish) and 25 made it! I sold them and made 19 dollars!!!!!!!

Yeah I guess maybe she did, she was in her own tank though and I was lucky enough to witness the birthing!

I just came home from scholl and she is in mid-birth!!!!!!!!! There are about 20 babies so far and she is still huge and still going strong!!!!!! Only 35 more to go!!!!!!!!!

wow! Good luck with them all! I personally have about 3 pregnant fish right now and only have room for like 2 fry! I'll have to try to give some to a lfs but I don't think they even take fry!

my platies usally have lots of fry, but most get eaten. i only remove a few from every batch just to see the colors they are.

she is still pretty big, so whatever babies she has left she can have in the tank. I can tbelive you guys( except mommyof2bettas) didnt guess and me and betta girl were so close! A grand total of 53 counted alive, adn three dead!!!!!!!!!!!! The 3 dead werent really classified as dead but, 1 deformed( bent spine), and 2 still inside the egss which last time this happend the eggs hatched like a week later but this time I just feed all the "dead" ones to muy pike livebearer.

Most reactions

Back