Severe Tail Rot on Sword Tail

fdu98

Reaction score
if a sword tail or any live bearer fish gets severe tail rot...is it pretty much over? and the fish will die?
also..if a male guppy loses some of its tail from other fish biting..is it possible to grow back??
any feedback would be great
thanks

Hi FDU98

For fin rot I've found a product called Melafix to be quite good. If the whole fin is gone then usually nothing much works. As for the guppies with a piece of fin missing the Melafix is also pretty good, but it takes a few weeks to grow back. :blink:

My friend and I both had severe fin rot in our tanks, we could not get rid of it for nothing...due to taking dead fish back to lps and getting new ones. tryed all kinds of meds...until I came to something online, were they had the same problem...Binnox is what was used.....now that really works, on all fungus get that it will work.

was too late
both swordtails with the rot died
guppies in tank adult and fry seem to be OK so far
any chance its still in the tank the rot???
i tried the melafix...but like i said..the swordtails died

we also used the melfex, it didn't work good or fast enough...get that binnox it really does work. I am sorry about ur fish...but if one fish in ur tank has fin rot the chances of the rest getting it is most likely. I have platys, mollys and guppys, and i have had all the illness, and the binnox is wonderful on getting rid of and fungus illness. good luck.

Most reactions

Back