Seven Deaths - 3 Days

mikebig

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey all, just got back from work to find two red rainbowfish dead now too. Read here for my other deaths. I really dont know what to do now. Two of my other rainbows are looking dusty and have stringy looking fins. I have removed the healty looking fish into a different tank.

What should i do if i lose all the fish in this tank? Will i need to clean everything out and re-cycle the tank? It will be a bit unpractical leaving the healthy fish in their temporary tank for another 5weeks.

Any help much appreciated.

Sounds like velvet, are the gills infected are they heavy breathing, velvet is worse than whitespot.

Look at velvet.
http://www.nosickfish.com/diseases.php?disease=2#

Yeah that all sounds pretty familiar. The fish i removed are likely to be infected too then. :/

How should i quarentine this tank if everybody gets removed? Can i just leave it running with no fish in to "starve" the velvet?

Edit: - Spelling

Just medicate the whole tank with a velvet med, once the gills get affected and they are heavy breathing they don't usually make it as the parasite has done it worst.

Turn temp up, increase aeration, and if have no scaless fish add some salt to the tank.

Most reactions

Back