Setting Up Planted Tank

Tom73

Reaction score
Setting up my first planted tank , kept fish for years but would like to know the cheapest way to keep plant in tank ( 190 ltrs ) ,
i have read that i need C02 in to the water , please can you give me some help,

thanks in advance

Setting up my first planted tank , kept fish for years but would like to know the cheapest way to keep plant in tank ( 190 ltrs ) ,

thanks in advance

Hi Tom

Theres a good pinned topic at the top of the planted tanks section on CO2. It'll give you lots of info on there.

Lots of people go for DIY mix as a cheap way of dosing CO2, but if you can I'd go for CO2 injection with 190l.

Julia

I wrote an article on my aquarium blog about setting up a medium to high light planted set up on a budget if it's any use to you.

I've since changed to using pressurised CO2 system and luminaire, but the methods I describe worked well, and I still have the same DIY substrate. I've found that even a thin layer of activated carbon under the substrate can be a big help with plants, even if it's just under play sand.

Ade

thanks in advance

Hi Tom

Theres a good pinned topic at the top of the planted tanks section on CO2. It'll give you lots of info on there.

Lots of people go for DIY mix as a cheap way of dosing CO2, but if you can I'd go for CO2 injection with 190l.

Julia

Most important item is your lights. I have seen people grow plants with light under 2watts with the use of co2.

Start off with easy low light plants. My favorites are java fern, which come in many variations, and hornwort.

thanks in advance

Hi Tom

Julia

many thanks , just built c02 dif, see if it works , if not will go down the injection road , thanks again Tom

Most reactions

Back