Setting Up An Adf (african Dwarf Frog) Tank...

The java or the moss balls? Moss balls need hardly any light, it's a type of algae so will survive under very low light conditions, the moss balls / caves I had in the frog tank survived with just a cheap table lamp for light for a good few months. The java was only in there for about 3 weeks, if you have £20(or thereabouts) you could get an arcadia arc pod which will suit low light plants very well.

The java or the moss balls? Moss balls need hardly any light, it's a type of algae so will survive under very low light conditions, the moss balls / caves I had in the frog tank survived with just a cheap table lamp for light for a good few months. The java was only in there for about 3 weeks, if you have £20(or thereabouts) you could get an arcadia arc pod which will suit low light plants very well.

ahh ok they sound ideal!!! :) thanks!!! :good:

rung round and found a shop with ADF's in stock, infact 2 shops :) so I'll be picking up 3 i think later today :good:

make sure it has a lid, frozen or live blood worms work best as foods, give them a few plants to hide in and a small cave or 2, also if the filtration is a concern you can always make your own sponge filter, they're quick and easy to make and (depending on the size of the container you use) they can be relativly small.

http://www.petfish.net/articles/Do-It-Your...onge_filter.php

hope the link shows up, if not just type in on google "home made sponge filter" and look around :)

i now have the ADF's :D they're awesome, we actually got a gravel substrate that is too large for them to get into their mouths, they currently have a coconut cave house, the filter i pointed to the shorter side so it affects less of the surface area of water and placed poly pads over the intakes to prevent any trapped feet, they seem to be settling in well :) will get some pics up soon, they shall be gaining 2-3 female betta friends temporarily until I buy the females a tank of their own *YEY*

:good:

oh also got frozen bloodworm for food for now

oh by the way does anyone know if frogs are ok with fish meds?
like bacterial meds, I only want to add a preventative dose when I get the bettas of something like esha 2000, or myxazin or something......any idea??

also i was wondering do frog diseases and fish diseases transfer across species?

Most reactions

Back