set up and fish list?

pomme

Reaction score
my tank is 100 gal, and 40" by 24" by 28", with about a 60 litre sumo, with some filter ppads in their. There is also a deltec apf 600 skimmer run by aqua bee 2000 and a deltec 509 fluidised bed full of rowaohos run by aqua bee 500. There are two heaters one a 300 w and the other a 150w. There is a deltec hlp 4040 as a returnthat moves around 4000l/h, to the hole in the bottom of the tank. The weirs are two corner ones that are only up at the surface, and all the piping is 1 1/2".

at the moment circulation in the tank is by a tunze 6000 stream pump which moves around 7000l/h and a or1200 on a closed loop system. and the tunze is turned off at night one hour after actinics are turned off. i plan to have two of the unze with the syestm so is controlled and lower the power at night and work as a wave maker.

the lighting is by a single 250 watt metal halide with two actinics, that is 70cm long, by arcadia, which is on for 10 hours a day, with the actinics on for 12 ours, also i have a small blue actinc that i use as a moon lamp, that is on when the metal halide os off.

i have got about 60kg of live roch and lots of polps and mushrooms, that i got second hand.

i plan to have a variety of hard and soft corals, including a aneneome and a clam.

the fish i would like to have in the tank, are two common clowns, a regal tang, a yellow tang, and 5 green chromis, and maybe 3 wreckfish?

does this sound okay?

Add the tangs at the same time, and make sure they are young, and even then results vary. Or so I'm told by everyone who has more than one tang.

Sweet setup!!! I am JEALOUS of the Tunzes. Man, do I want one of those. But I worry that in my 75G it will cause a vicious sandstorm, in my bank account a gaping hole!!

yeah they are very expensive, mine was £170 i think, and then the multicontroller is £117.

so i will still have to shell out alot in the end. but its easier on the hole in the pocket if its in stages.

yeah i worried about the amoint of flow but thats the best thing about these things is that you can turn then down to like 30%, which is cool.

i love mine, and i got the hand made rock which you can get which hides them, but is very ugly in the tank at the mo as its whits, but will soon get cover in coraline algae so wil look good, as well as not having to see the pump and adding to the live rock.

Most reactions

Back