Serious Help To Identify A Fish!

They're not very rare at all, they are just quite unpopular due to their highly predatory lifestyles, anything they are kept with will be attacked or eaten sooner or later. In the wild they attack much larger fish in groups and burrow into their bodies eating them from the inside out.

Whats the chances of one taking a nip out of you when doing tank maintanence :dunno: ?

Theyre not likely to bite you when doing maintainance but if you left your hand in the water for a while and didnt move it about they would probably have a taste once they got over their initial panic. In the wild they are often found inside the bodies of human corpses dragged out of the river.

I actually brought this guy back to the place i bought him at yesterday, the pet store i buy fish from is cool with me and lets me return fish that make trouble inthe tank, the whale was cool but deff had to be blind, he would take off on a spree around the tank doing 90 lol and run directly into other fish, i think it was disturbing other fish, so i got my money back and bought live plants :) anyone know of any really extoic fish maybe gimmie a list, i only buy exotics, my tank is odd with what i have in there now, but besides the whale everyone playas nice, for 8 months now, i havent added a fish except the whale.

vamp baracuda 5 inches
jack dempsey 5 inches
green terror 4 inches
urau chcild 8 inches
festival chcild 3 inches
2 parrots about 3 inches
2 armor cats - you never see them
2 hardshell cats - you never see them
Ghost knife fish - 5 inches
chocolate chcild - 4 inches
geofaugas - 3inches

75 gallon tank

Thats a lot of aggressive territorial fish for a 75g, you will certainly be experiencing some problems in the future as they all grow and will probably end up with just the green terror and catfish left alive in the end.

Most reactions

Back