Serious Help To Identify A Fish!

veilsidesd

Reaction score
I been looking online for weeks to find a what i believe to be a rare fish, one ive never seen before except from this place i bought him, hes very odd and looks like a great white, white belly gray/blue top, extremely small eyes, seems to be blind to me, bumps into things, cant see my hand while im cleaning the tank. extremely fast swmimmer , yet seems to stay in one spot facing up constantly moving its tall, if you look at the face straight on he looks sorta like a mouse, dug in circle nose, wide but small mouth. havent seen him eat, yet hasnt died in 4 weeks. :(

any help would be greatly appreciated.
fish.JPG

fish1.JPG

fish2.JPG

I been looking online for weeks to find a what i believe to be a rare fish, one ive never seen before except from this place i bought him, hes very odd and looks like a great white, white belly gray/blue top, extremely small eyes, seems to be blind to me, bumps into things, cant see my hand while im cleaning the tank. extremely fast swmimmer , yet seems to stay in one spot facing up constantly moving its tall, if you look at the face straight on he looks sorta like a mouse, dug in circle nose, wide but small mouth. havent seen him eat, yet hasnt died in 4 weeks. :(

any help would be greatly appreciated.
fish.jpg

fish1.jpg

fish2.jpg

Sorry but can't view your pics ?

strange...
kind of does look like a great white shark
hmmm

WOW I LOVE YOU :) THATS EXACTLY WHAT HE IS A WHALE CAT, YOUR THE MAN HEHE

IM BLUSHING AFTER 4 WEEKS OF LOOKING, HOW RARE IS HE? never seen this before in 5 years of this hobby.

A few members here have them - or have wanted to buy them. But from what I remember were advised not to, due to the general unsuitability to community tanks and their predatory skills.
I haven't seen any, but then again, could be because it's not something that would attract my attention or something that I'd be looking for.

[/quote]

WOW I LOVE YOU :) THATS EXACTLY WHAT HE IS A WHALE CAT, YOUR THE MAN HEHE

IM BLUSHING AFTER 4 WEEKS OF LOOKING, HOW RARE IS HE? never seen this before in 5 years of this hobby.
[/quote]

They are apparently quite rare, but as you can see in the profile info page they are quite demanding to look after requiring a diet of frozen foods plus other meaty foods and because it is a predatory fish that will go for anything it can get its teeth into it is advised you keep it in its own tank, prefably quite dimly lit as it is a also nocturnal; if you are willing to look after it correctly though and meet its needs i think it will make an awesome fish to keep and you aern't going to find many other people that have one too :nod: B)

They're not very rare at all, they are just quite unpopular due to their highly predatory lifestyles, anything they are kept with will be attacked or eaten sooner or later. In the wild they attack much larger fish in groups and burrow into their bodies eating them from the inside out.

Most reactions

Back