Sera Co2 Starter Kit

Jeewhizz

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

This system uses sera CO2 tablets for the CO2.

I can't find out any information on it regarding how long each tablet lasts...

Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks,

Jee

Never used the kit myself, but as I understand it, the tablet fizzes releasing the CO2 which is trapped in the 'diffuser' and then slowly dissolves into the water. If it is, you'll need to add another tablet each time the CO2 in the diffuser runs out, which should be obvious.

Sorry to have to say this, but that kit is pretty useless, there are much better kits available, like the nutrafin yeast one, for about the same price. I also doubt very much if that sera kit works for tanks up to 200lt as claimed.

Sam

Hi,

A friend recently bought the kit and I have to say we were not impressed. As mentioned in the above podt the tablet fizzes away within seconds to fill up a chamber. The instructions say to put a tablet in every 2 -3 days I think it was, dependant on how many plants you have in the tank but it didn't give you any idea on how many plants they were talkng about. Needless to say after using the tube of tablets that came with the kit he got rid of it and purchaed a pressurised CO2 set up, which he says is much better.

Rich

Cheers guys...

I think i'll go for a yeast system - the nutrafin one looks like a good buy :)

Jee

Most reactions

Back