Senegal Bichir

rvm

Fish Herder
Reaction score
He seems to have settled in really well, and is now out and about checking out his new home:

DSCF1856.JPG

DSCF1853.JPG

DSCF1852.JPG

DSCF1847.JPG

DSCF1846.JPG

DSCF1839.JPG

Great shots of your fish! I'm with DA on the second to last picture though. Image of that fish at 5 foot long waiting for me to come by in a canoe kinda thing.....

ALASKA

:lol: :lol: Yeah he looks a bit evil in that pic!! Thanks for the comments guys!!

rvm said:
:lol: :lol: Yeah he looks a bit evil in that pic!! Thanks for the comments guys!!
That guy looks pretty healthy :thumbs: How big is he? I hate taking pictures of my bichirs, they're nocturnal so their eyes reflect the camera flash -_- Is he/she a pig at feeding time? My 4" Senegal just ate 2 1" pieces of krill :crazy: Great pics :)

ur bichirs r nocturnal? my senegal is out in the day, thats normal behavior for them :huh:

Cody said:
ur bichirs r nocturnal? my senegal is out in the day, thats normal behavior for them :huh:
They evolved to be nocturnal in nature ;) They are active at night too :) Fish act differently in tanks than they do in nature :D

He's about 4-5 inches at the moment and in a 50g corner tank. He's only been there for 2 days so he's still getting used to things I think as he hasn't really eaten that I've seen, but yes he's out and about all the time checking out his new surroundings and tankmates!!! Can't believe I've never thought about getting one before; he's a great addition!! My girlfriend calls him Eeley cos she says he looks like an eel!!!! :D

Most reactions

Back