Selling Snails On Ebay?

dizzied

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Anyone have much luck selling their snails on Ebay?

Mine always seem to get closed, "violates Ebay policies" etc etc. Yet there seems to be a number of sellers who're doing it without any problems?

have you read all the ebay policies on selling anything live? i havent tried to sell any snails but i tried to buy some and it's not working out to my favor, i won auction, i paid, seller said she shipped them but havent recieved them.

but yeah i would go through their policies again make sure there is nothing you missed... and good luck to ya.

btw what kinda snails are you trying to sell?

when listing put them under the following

Listed in category: Home & Garden > Pet Supplies > Fish > Crabs/ Snails/ Algae Eaters

that should help you

They are in the right category (Crabs, Snails and Algae Eaters).
I doubt one would need to mention them as "live food", since very few snail auctions seems to mention it.

It's mainly Ramshorns and Mysteries that I'm having problems with. If you search Ebay, you'll find many auctions for these snails. I've even used those "Does not violate Ebay policy" messages that some of them use, but that doesn't work either.

I wonder if it's just the competition that's kicking my auctions off.

Try offering them on the applesnail.net exchange, they are always looking for snails of all types. Thats where I get all mine.

I haven't bothered with applesnail.net because it's such a small market. I've thought about Aquabid as well, but I figured they'd be too smart to blow money on Ramshorns.

Thought I'd post an update on the situation.

Since the last post, I've managed to run one Ramshorn auction that wasn't cancelled.
However, two other auctions using the exact same title, pictures, description etc were cancelled. :huh:

Whenever i sell snails on ebay, i always put as puffer food and never had problems.

Most reactions

Back