Selling My Nano Tank.. Please Read..

xNOTLOCx

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
So I have now had it two years and the only fish that have died were my cyclers back in the first 2 months, My clown fish is now two in a half years old, VERY freindly and I am very sad about leaving him He's my baby I got him as a wee lil bugger... My Flame IS so beautiful And I will be very sad to see it go especially since him and my clown are very close freinds almost like mates, they don't leave eachothers sides or they become a little stressed, they sleep together too! My Mandarine Goby Has been in the tank for 10 months now and is doing good but still VERY shy... But Beautiful too! My shrimps both settled on the basket which is holding the kelp... they learned to settle their differences... My three urchins which are really what I love the most are going to be very hard to leave because they are so great! ( Remember I have an urchin type fetish, I want to buy everyone I see) The hardest thing will proboably be the fact that I have another, (Different) smaller tank and I would keep some of them since they are my first little guys... But I figured since my tankmates are working so well together it wouldn't be right to separate them... I'm deppressed while I write this if I wasnt as strong ide cry cuz it's hard to part, call me a girl :) but na The reason I am selling The tank is because I am going to go to college soon and I can't take them on the drive it would be too hard and risky... I can't bring liquid on the plane so eh... I have to no way of tranfering them... And the hobby is so expensive I can't at my age be using the money on it. I wish I could but I have other expenses... So Just a recap My tank is a 30 gallon self running tank.. Oh wait no I just purchased a nano skimmer... So I guess it isn't anymore.... But Everything In my tank is doing great except my frog spawn.. I had 11 and they were doing great, But I don't have enough money to buy new mights it's well over due time. So I'm also trying to sell my tank so hopefully the lights can be replaced because I can't stand watching it in pain (whether it feels it or not) And I can't do anything because the fish place doesn't sell the lights anymore... All my stock is alive and well except I have no corals left and my frogspawn is now dying :(..

My simple question is How much do I sell it for.. I want as much as I can get, But I have time to make sure it gets a good home... which is my biggest worry... so Someone told me $ 2.500 dollars is what I need to sell it at and I have seen smaller tanks go on ebay for Alot more!, So what's is the best price for it? God I really shouldn't listen to sad music while I write this.... So any comments would be great or advice. Heck If any of you would like to buy the livestock and I know they are going to a good home I think Ide rather do it that way... :) but it's gonne be hard because I feel my two buddy fish (clown n angel) need to stay together, Idk But here are a couple pics I have just taken... And the whole tank.... :byebye:

http://img511.imageshack.us/my.php?image=j...7009ez3.jpgHere is my shrimp skimming for food.!

Here is how closer the fish follow eachother!
http://img225.imageshack.us/my.php?image=july32007002nv1.jpg

http://img413.imageshack.us/my.php?image=july32007004df9.jpg

http://img225.imageshack.us/my.php?image=j...007003uu2.jpgMy Buddy!

http://img511.imageshack.us/my.php?image=j...7008ds4.jpgThey are good kids...

THE only thing is minus the corals out of the photo,,, :
http://img225.imageshack.us/my.php?image=october27001kf3.jpg

Thanks guys!

Well I can see some tank pics, it just looks like hes got the code wrong for about half of them. The pop ups are more to do with the hosting site and not the pictures you are viewing.
As for whats its worth... aint really got a clue but Ive seen similar set ups sell for about £100 all in on Ebay.. sorry to dissapoint :(

while I suspect it would be easy to have $2500 in to that tank, getting 1/5th of that would be something to jump on if you need the money. My opinion however unfavorable is coming from watching 'deals' on craigs list and the like for a while now as I gear up to start my own tank. (I'm only a couple hundred miles north...)

If you wanted someone to watch the tank until you are in a place you could come get it.. I'm sure I could scrounge some wall space. No idea where you are headed to school... but if its only a several hundred mile deal, My motorhome has AC power and a smooth ride.

I'm sorry that you have to give up your tank..... I'm sure you must've known when you got into it that this time would come though, and you'd be heading off to school. Sometimes we kind of shove those little thoughts into the back of our mind and just continue on our merry way. Then, the day comes when realization hits. Your family is unwilling or unable to take care of the tank while you're away?

KhaosInc is making quite an offer..... not sure if I'd be able to pass on that one. :good:

those link has freaken pop ups!!!
harmful pop ups!!!
good thing i had pop up blocker!!
i think this is a fake ad!!

chill..... it's really rare for a person to make as many posts as the person here has and then decide they're going to start spamming the forum.... n'est-ce pas? ;)

Um ha ha skitzo
those link has freaken pop ups!!!
harmful pop ups!!!
good thing i had pop up blocker!!
i think this is a fake ad!!
(j/k) I'm definitley not a fake person, But ya I'm going to college in california and my family doesn't wan't to take care of it, the thing was that, when I started up the tank I knew college was coming so I decided I would set up a tank down in southern cali and then transfer all the livestock when I flew down, I was gonna bring them all in separate bags in a small cooler and then put them to acclimate in the new tank and sell the empty tank back here in oregon. Until I just recently found out that airlines don't let anyone carry on any large amounts of liquid only like water bottle sized. So I can't take any fish with me. And the drive down will be too hard, so I would rather just find a good home for them instead of puting them through *bumpy road stress*.
Sorry about the pics, when i tried to attach them it wouldn't work, I can never figure out how to attach photos right. So I just hosted them and copied the link it gave me..

Ya I'm not sure about the price anymore, I have been seeing some tanks for cheeper. whats is £100? in dollars, I don't even have that mark on my keyboard... Thanks for the replies guys... If there has been one place that I have learned the most it has been here though..

Hi..
Sorry you are having to get rid off your tank its really hard when you get attached to the critters in it. If you cant find someone local then I would say e.bay is your best bet for pick up only. They seem quite popular here in the UK and sell well. Though you only ever get a fraction of the money you put into back. £100 is about $200 you might get upto $400 at a push. Thats the market here in the UK anyhow, not sure about the US.
Hope you manage to find them a good home :)

Thanks, Ya It's gonna be hard to get a decent amount of money out of it, but my main concern is that it isnt going to a bratty girl whos dad is just buying it for her to enjoy and torture them kinda like the girl in finding nemo, If you get what I mean.. So basically a good home :), Someone wanted to buy all my livestock but only offered $ 50.00 so I said no.. because then I will be stuck with trying to sell tank hardware and a tank...

Most reactions

Back