second hand ten gallon

kissez_61

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
hey guys i just found a ten gallon tank with filter,light,hood,stand,gravel,AND ornament for 10$!!!!!!! wow wut a steal!!! its a aqurilick(sorry on the spelling) seamless tank (so no leaks :D ) the only thing is im going to buy new filter stuff like the sponge and floss.(i dont know wuts been living in it) and wut do you guys say about cleaning the tank? i cant boil the ornament (it has plastick plants on it) but wut about the gravel? and how should i clean the actual tank? i put 1/2 a cup of salt and filled the tank with water and added the salt and then i added this med cald poly gaurd it works for bacterial and perisites. is that all i should do?

ps i havnt added any fish and wont intill its cycled adding the salt and med was just to clean it . im going to empty the water and rinse it out and cycle it before i add fish.

depending on how bad the gravel is (if there is visable algea/poo/whatever in it) I would put the gravel a big bowl and wash it with water and hand scrub it (you know what i'm trying to say). then pour a little vinegar on it-swish it around with hot water and then rinse... hope it works :thumbs:

yah i was soo happy i found that tank it shure made my week. i have a betta that i would like to put in there. and some other fish i hant decided yet i was thinking of some neons? any one know of some good fish that i could put in there with my betta? ok the gravel looks REALY clean. i have a sponge in my other tank thats already cycled that in going to put in the new tank to help speed things along i might as well use it i was going to buy a new one anyways. my betta i have now is in only a one gallon and i was looking for a bigger one to put him in and i found that steal of a deal. so now i have a one gallon but i dont know wut to put in it i would hate to have it just as a hospital tank its soo pretty it has a light and hood on it no filter or heater. so maby just have some plants on there? some one said somthing about a lobster typ thing gose well in small tanks iv never heard of them any ideas?

Most reactions

Back