Second Attempt

Chris5787

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
After my first betta dying on me after only a few short days, i decided to try again.

Heres my new betta, and hopefully il have more luck with this one.

IMG_2982.jpg

IMG_2990.jpg

He's a nice one! I was actually admiring one a few days ago with simlar colors, good luck with him :)

He is beautiful. Why is he yawning? Are you keeping him up? I use to work with little kids at a school and I took one of my bettas to school and had it in the class room one little girl called him Rainbow Boy and he looked a lot like yours....good find! :good:

He is beautiful. Why is he yawning? Are you keeping him up? I use to work with little kids at a school and I took one of my bettas to school and had it in the class room one little girl called him Rainbow Boy and he looked a lot like yours....good find! :good:

I think it was a half assed attempt at a flare, might be wrong though. Im just really paranoid now though, after what happened to the last one. He was hiding in his cave earlier and i started thinking it was happening again because thats what the other one did not long before he died. A few minutes later he was swimming around fine again.

yes it's a betta yawn, or is that a fishy tail to the left of the pic? maybe he is about to pounce, mouth at the ready :hyper: call him jaws

the tail at the left looks like a pygmy cory. and the betta looks like he is getting ready to eat him.

After my first betta dying on me after only a few short days, i decided to try again.

Wondering what your setup is like, your filtration, your water parameters?

This info may help us find the cause of your first bettas death.

Thanks everyone, bad news though. Came home from work this evening to find him dead on the bottom of the tank, he looked fine but his fins were a little shredded. Im going to give up on bettas, not really worth the hassle. Will still hang around this site though, still love the way bettas look, just obviously not for me.

Hang on dont give up just yet

Water temp?
Ammonia?
Nitrite?
Nitrate?
Also PH?

how big is his tank, whats in his tank?

Also what else is in the tank fish wise?

Hang on dont give up just yet

Water temp?
Ammonia?
Nitrite?
Nitrate?
Also PH?

how big is his tank, whats in his tank?

Also what else is in the tank fish wise?

Water temp is 26C
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 10
PH 7.6

60 litre tank, with 8 pygmy cories and an apple snail.

What store are you getting them from? Some of the stores here just take godawful care of their bettas, and it's hard to rehab them. The water stats look perfect, and the other fish are fine I'm assuming. You could try getting them somewhere else.

ok

filter wise, what are u using? sometimes ive seen posts where bettas have been sucked onto the inlet of the filter, and torn their fins on it, and died from the shock

How was he behaving?

what have u been feeding?

Did you buy this one from the same place as the last one. If so it could be that they are coming to you ill already or older than you think. Maybe try getting one from somewhere else.

Lol.....Corleone beat me too it!!!

Most reactions

Back