• Other, please state

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

The-Wolf

Ex-LFS manager/ keeper of over 30 danio species
Reaction score
Just wondeing if Google really is the top choice for searching
or is that something they just say as a marketing stratergy

Google, i know there are probably better ones out there, but hey, its natural to search using google :p

Google, i know there are probably better ones out there, but hey, its natural to search using google :p

Actually, there isn't. Yahoo! uses Google developed technology now and has done for the last few years. The only true @competitor@ is Ask, and they use software, though developed by themselves, that is actually incredibly Google-esque. There are ostensibly better web crawling robots, capable of more functions (like times to return to re-index specified in robots.txt) that googlebot doesn't have, but when it comes to search engines... Google wins. Its database is so massive compared to everyone elses that it will index the very tips of the internet much faster and much more reliably.

I like Google :p

and there are no other search engines that have spawned their own words;
googling; the act of useing an internet search engine, especially google
googler; a person who users google

Looking at the votes so far, I guess google really is the most used.
Google is all I use myself, don't really know why, it's just that I'm completely used to the lay-out of it and everything. I've used the msn search a couple of times after logging out of hotmail, but usually end up closing it again before even clicking a link from it. *shrug* Guess I stick with what I'm used to.

google wins out right it my homepage (it should be yours ;) )

Yeah, I have it as my homepage too. I used to use Yahoo! for a homepage, and AltaVista for a while, now its just the page that I generally need to use first when opening a browser.

Google all the way.

It's a hang up from my dial up days back around 2000. Back then pages like Lycos took seconds, sometimes minutes to load a search page. Google came along and got the results up within a second or two on dial up. From then on you find yourself using it all the time.

Most reactions

Back