Sealant/ Silicon

rossyboy

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Does any1 know of a sealant that can be used 'underwater' ?

I.e a silicon that i can fix some extra rocks in with without draining the tank?

Help plz :D

Be aware you have to use it within 3 days after opening, so don't go for the big tube unless your going to use it all at once.

Mine hardened in less than 2 days, and I had to cut into the tube and use a spoon to get it out :rolleyes:

Be aware you have to use it within 3 days after opening, so don't go for the big tube unless your going to use it all at once.

Mine hardened in less than 2 days, and I had to cut into the tube and use a spoon to get it out :rolleyes:

That is a very expensive price for the silicone by the way, i get it at like £7 a 310ml tube on ebay with delivery.

Also if you want to get the big one, you can buy a nozzle which closes so it will last forever. this is what i do, then it never goes hard.

Tis expensive, but it's not silicone, I couldn't find any other fish-safe sealant that would work when wet. Is there a cheaper option?

Cool, seems to last long, is it sticky though? I think I have some somewhre in the house, I thought it was just for sculpting, seems quite hard -_- .

I've never used it myself, but i've seen people use it to create their desired rock work on marine tanks. Might be worth a search on here or a Google. :good:

Most reactions

Back