Seachem Prime

vinylman

Essentially Humanoid
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just got my first bottle of Prime from AE. Never used anything THIS concentrated before. One capful does 250l of water. I presume three or four drops per 10l bucket will be plenty?. It's going to be pretty hard to measure anything smaller than that.

That what i thought when i bought it, lol
Im using hte tetratec aquasafe now, 5ml per 10L so a bit easier,
only problem, it make the tank a slight tint of blue, but makes it look cleaner

Seachem say 2 drops per us gallon to remove chlorine and chloramine
this is what i have always done with no problems

I have the large bottle as well as the tiny bottle. The tiny bottle says 2 drops per gallon. You can use up to 5x dose, so wouldn't be too worried about overdosing.

Me too. I have a small bottle and a large bottle so I can do 2 drops per gallon. I have used this product for years and never have had a problem.

Get a medicine syringe or pipette from your pharmacy that has 1ml measurements on it - that helps a lot.

Thanks all. I think a large bottle would probably see me through to retirement!!.

Blimey, doesn't half whiff, doesn't it?. I've been blaming the cat for dropping one, turns out it's the Prime.

I actually think the cat might smell better. It is a sulphate compound and it smells of the sulfur. I use a pipette to dose it and intentionally use a dose and a half. In a 5 gallon bucket that means 3/4 ml. With the 500 ml bottle, I have a supply that will last for years and didn't cost much.

I think it's great stuff. Worked out you dose 0.25ml per 10 litre bucket (average bucket size) but I usually dose 0.3ml for safety. It;s then so easy, 0.5ml for 20l, 0.75ml for 30l, 1ml for 40l and so on. Use a 1ml medicine syringe, one large bottle lasts forever.

Most reactions

Back