Seachem Prime Water Conditioner

MarkM

Reaction score
Can you use too much?

Im not talking ridiculous amounts too much...I have recently bought some...the bottle says 5ML (a cap full) for every 200L changed...also the label says each line or screw on the inside of the cap is 1ML...it doesnt really have any lines on the inside of the cap...

I change around 25 or so litres at a time...mines a 88 litre tank...so obviously I change the dose accordingly Im ok on that...

But is it fine to add maybe 1..2...or 3ML too much? If done in error?

:good:

i always add way to much to my tanks. i dont tend to measure just pour but i know i put to much in. my mbuna have been fine since i first the tank look healthy eat well etc. so im sure it dont matter to much, im also sure ive seen others post they add abit for luck aswell.

Thats good....its what I do really...slighty more than stated...

if you read on the bottle you can add 5 times the dose to detoxify nitrite so shouldnt be a problem!!!

I also use Prime and found it difficult measuring the correct amount. I went to the local pharmacy/drug store and asked for a syringe. The pharmacist gave me an insulin syringe that works perfect for measuring small amounts.

bottle of prime i got says add 2drops to every 4litres.
so i dont gotta measure out caps, just put drops in, cuz the lid is kidna like an eye dropper.
but i usually put a couple extra drops in
my fish seem to be as healthy as ever

At home I ended up diluting my Prime 1:1 with water, then putting it in an empty bottle of another conditioner I no longer use. That bottle has a pump that puts out 1 ml at a time. That way, 1 pump per 5 gallon bucket. Worked perfectly until the pump on the bottle broke :(

I double dose with Prime all winter long due to my local water conditions. 20 drops equals 1ml of Prime, give or take a drop. That equals one drop per gallon at the normal dosage, or two per gallon double dosing.

Most reactions

Back