Seachem Prime Stinks!

smells like body odor (seachem)!

Does it do anyone else's whole tank like that? :sick:

Seachem has a sulfer oder that comes from the bottle, but it shouldnt make your tank smell. did you use alot of it? if thats the case then thats why. the stuff works great though.

I just bought some recently, and to me it smells like an open sewer. I agree though, it shouldn't make your tank stink. Has not done so on mine.

Seachem has a sulfer oder that comes from the bottle, but it shouldnt make your tank smell. did you use alot of it? if thats the case then thats why. the stuff works great though.
ok wots seachem used for......yeah i know im thick :lol:

ok wots seachem used for......yeah i know im thick :lol:

"Prime" made by Seachem is a tap water conditioner.. but not only will it remove chlorine and chlormines but it also removes ammonia and nitrite. :good:

well sounds cool to me, shame about the stench though

"Prime" made by Seachem is a tap water conditioner.. but not only will it remove chlorine and chlormines but it also removes ammonia and nitrite.

I got into "Prime" when I had a saltwater tank as I didn't want to go second best on anything. Its truely a "miracle" water conditioner WITHOUT adding unneeded "fluff" like aloe-vera, etc.

Ya I did use more than I usually use this time so maybe that's what it is. I dumped some more in there after a water change and it only got worse. My hand smells like it too! LOL :sick:

"Prime" made by Seachem is a tap water conditioner.. but not only will it remove chlorine and chlormines but it also removes ammonia and nitrite.

I got into "Prime" when I had a saltwater tank as I didn't want to go second best on anything. Its truely a "miracle" water conditioner WITHOUT adding unneeded "fluff" like aloe-vera.

You said it... it is great. Seachem makes quality stuff. glad you like it and are still going to use it even though it smells.

I've been using Prime for a few years now and I dig it. It does smell a little like stinky eggs and is a tad pricey but it goes a long way per bottle. It only requires 5 mL (one capful) per 50 US gallons.

Once added to the tank, I can't smell it anymore. How much did you use Iron Man? :lol:

Seachem_Prime.jpg

Most reactions

Back