Sea Robins/sand Perch In A Live Marine Tank

FishyJames

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had experience with any kind of Sea Robins or Diplectrum formosum. I was out fishing today and i think the Formosum are extremely beautiful fish. So ofcourse now i want to make a marine tank just for one of them

=D
As for the sea robins, i just think they're neat.

So any advice is greatly appreciated. This tank is just a suppostion, i dont plan on it any time soon. I dont have the money or space
=/

It's certainly doable. You will need a vertically compressed tank, with fine sand and little rock. Live marine shrimp will be suitable for feeding.

when you say vertically compressed, do you mean a tank with a larger footprint? or one with more water vertically than horizontally?

Hmm

How big a tank would it actually take to house them though...

Probably at leat 120 gallons... How big do Sand Perch get, anyway?

And hey wessley =D

everything i read is about 3-6inches. Big ones going up to like 11inches.
So i was thinking a 75 gallon for a pair with sufficient filtration and water movement.

Maybe a sand bottom with a rock cave at one end and a grass bed at the other?

heya glenn =D

Yes, a tank with a larger footprint is best (for any marine tank).

Check the species you plan to get. A small species could certainly be kept in a 75 gallon tank, but if the fish gets bigger than about 9'' a bigger tank is best, due to the fishes' nature. It will also allow you to perhaps keep some companions, e.g., scorpionfish.

Otherwise, sounds great. :up: Very unique fish, and one of my favourites.

Most reactions

Back