Sea Monkeys?

Tiger Tiger

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi

That's it in the kids packets.
Stick them in a large jam jar with oxygen and they will breed to use as live bait!

Or better still get a 5 gallon tank and breed them in style.

Is this a Joke :fun:

Schwa? Call them brine shrimp, sea monkeys is a dumb name for them since they dont even look like monkeys but they sorta move like them. What happened to the kind where you just "ADD WATER AND WATCH IT GROW!"

Schwa? Call them brine shrimp, sea monkeys is a dumb name for them since they dont even look like monkeys ...
Of course they don't look like monkeys, they look like little pink families with crowns and webbed feet. :lol:

sea_monkeys.jpg

Hi

That's it in the kids packets.
Stick them in a large jam jar with oxygen and they will breed to use as live bait!

Or better still get a 5 gallon tank and breed them in style.

Is this a Joke :fun:
most random post ever :blink:

My 10 year old son had some sea monkeys. They actually "hatched" and did OK for a while. Google the topic and check out what is on line about them. I think you will be surprised.

So,
Can you feed them to your Catfish?
Is this a new way to breed your own live shrimp food for your fish in your Tank.

Someone must have tried it?

"So eager to please they can even be trained."

LMAO!

Yes, training Sea Monkeys to become dinner for my tropical fish is quite easy, indeed!

Sea monkeys are just the most practical(and patented) way to keep and breed brine shrimp in a tiny tank with no heater or airstone.
If you want to breed them to feed to your fish I would recommend just raising brine shrimp in a 10 litre tank, the sea monkey kits are fun but not practical for feeding to fish. Also adult brine shrimp are nutritionally nearly worthless for feeding fish unless you gut-load them, which is time consuming.
Really if you want to feed your fish live brine shrimp, just pick up a bag of them from your lfs - much cheaper.
For way too much information on what exactly sea monkeys are as opposed to a brine shrimp kit, check this link.

Most reactions

Back