Sea Monkeys

Sp3nc3r

Fishaholic
Reaction score
there is no way i can afford brine shrimp around my area, BUT in the mall they sell sea monkey kits and such for 1$, i considered grabbing like 20 but thought about asking you guys if this is a good idea

this is mainly for my kribensis fry, so good idea or bad?

Hi We gave our fish sea monkeys and they didnt even get to the bottom of tank before the fish ate them all so could be a good idea to buy them and grow your own, think they are brine shrimps anyway as our water world store told us. Have ago. Hope this helps worked for us anyway.
JJ :D

yeah sea monkeys are brineshrimp

yeah because they are just brine shrimp

Surely a packet of frozen brineshrimp dosnt cost more than $20. Or isnt there any in your area? You can just break apart individual cubes, thaw them out and then feed your fish with them. Id say a frozen block would be cheaper than the sea monkeys in the long run.

Live are somewhat better, especially for finicky eaters. Some would look at raisng live BS as a hassle / others would say it's fun and interesting in it's own right. Your fish will certainly appreciate it! Frozen is certainly a cheaper and more convenient alternative. It's your choice.

The food included with Sea monkeys isn't overly nutritious, so give them a better diet and you'll be fine with feeding them to fish.

thanks for all of the replys i was only expecting one or two :)

i will definetly try them and see how the fish like them

Most reactions

Back