scientific name?

BigLou

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I just bought 6 of these botia and am trying to find info about them, but I look up botia and come up with mostly clown loach and yoyo loach info. I was wondering if anybody could provide me with some info about them, and maybe a scientific name so I could research them.

picture of botia #1
picture of botia #2

Looks like a Skunk loach, I forget the scientific name at the moment.

yep a skunk loach Botia morleti (was Botia horae)

Totally agreed pic 1....is a skunk loach(botia morleti)
pic 2 is not a loach,or even a botia.....it looks like a blind cave fish(I think this is tetra family although I am probably wrong!!)

chali said:
Totally agreed pic 1....is a skunk loach(botia morleti)
pic 2 is not a loach,or even a botia.....it looks like a blind cave fish(I think this is tetra family although I am probably wrong!!)
I think the second picture was of the skunk loach, but there were other fish also in the picture.

Hey guys, thanks for helping me out, and yup, they're definitely skunk loaches. I hear mixed reviews about them though. I've read some places they get about 5-6 inches, and others around 8 or 9 inches. I've also read that they can peaceful like clown loaches, but I've also read that they can be very territorial and aggresive. Just wondering what your experiences have been.

mine are extreamly fast and nip the tail fins of any fish they can creep up on.

Most reactions

Back