Schwartzi And Sterbai Cory?

xamy_valox

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi there, I'm looking to get some Cories for my 70 litre tank.
I love the looks of both the schwartzi cory and the Sterbai. Which of these is easier to come by? And which is smaller? Are there any other species that look similar to this? I want as many ideas so that when I go to the shop I can ask for specific cories and hope they stock them!!
Thanks, Amy xx

Can't help you with the schwarti, but the sterbai are quite easy to come by (well, near me anyway) and are very pretty fish. :)

I live in Birmingham (UK) but my local fish shops are quite limited with what they stock =\ I'm having to go further afield to find places that have a wider variety! I hardly ever even see any cories! Other than bronze Corys, but they are too big for me.
Amy xx

I think sterbais are one of the bigger corys (compared to bronze/albino anyway?) So (other people correct me if I'm wrong), if you feel bronzes are too big for you, sterbais would be too...

Hi ,i know you can get bronze and albino corries at most pets at home stores in Birmingham ,but i`ve never seen sterbai at any shop in or near Birmingham ,so if anybody has ,please tell me. :thanks:

I saw some Sterbai cories today in a Maidenhead Aquatics in Shirley. It's in Notcutts garden centre, they had loads =] I didn't go for them in the end as they will get too big. I got 'black and white' and 'trilli' cories instead. They are so cute!! xx

Black and White corys? pictures please! I'm guessing they are Peppered. Bother will grow bigger than Sterbai's. As i said before, Sterbai's remain quite small.

Looking on the tickets, both these species will grow to 2 inches max, so about 5cm which I can deal with. I have got a pic of the 'black and white' cories but can't upload it yet as I'm not on a PC. They were labelled as this on the ticket but from looking around on google they look like bandits?
They are very active, swimming all over the tank, sticking closely together, whereas the trillis are staying hidden and are more active at night.
Amy xx

Most reactions

Back