Scenario

Glennimation

Reaction score
OK guys, I'm going to go get a 55 gallon fish tank.

Here's the question: What should I put in it?

So, if you guys were starting a 55 gallon tank, what would you do?

Im a cichlid guy so thats what I would do. Might look into an African set-up as I've never done one before, but I love the personalities of the New Worlds. Or another marine tank, maybe a small pred tank.

Ox :good:

i'd get two pairs of dwarf cichlids, a medium-sized pleco, and a shoal of small to medium-sized fish.

if i had a 55g, i'd get a pair of bolivian rams, a pair of curviceps cichlid, a male bristlenose plec, and either a shoal of rosy/gold barbs, blue three-spot gourami females, or rainbowfish.

Cichlids might be cool, and I've never done anything like that.

I was also thinking maybe a big school of tiger barbs or green barbs and a couple clown loaches.

IDK.

Any other ideas guys?

I want to think this through before I do it

id go the peaceful route, no worrying about bullying or nipping issues, lovely range of small fish around nowadays, shrimps are possible with a peaceful community tank, something like cherry shrimp, otocinclus, cardinal tetras, and some pygmy corydoras would be lovely.

Small predator tank, some dwarf snakeheads, but there again i would say that looking at my sig :p

OK

So I'm thinking about either an oscar pleco combo or maybe some smaller african cichlids.

Can anyone shed some light on what I would have in store for each?

Most reactions

Back